Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Crazy, Crazy Month of May

End of year is always amazingly busy. I don't know why but it seems that we hit that month of May and things just accelerate and every weekend has something to do and before you know it's June and school/work is getting out. So just to hit the highlights this is what I've been doing and then had to put on the back burner. I hope to get started back up again next week once work is over for the summer.
I did start painting my kitchen cabinets. The top cabinet that is. I originally started by painting the new cabinet the same shade of green as the lower ones. I'm not sure why. Maybe because it was new also. I never even finished it, probably because I didn't like it. Tina finally said why don't you just paint it white like the other two older cabinets? Well duh!! Why didn't I think of that?
You can just see a touch of the green left in this photo. I left the back of the one cabinet green because someday I think that would be a great display space when I don't have to store so much up there. There's only the doors left to do. I love what I've gotten done so far before graduation and quilting seven, that's right 7, quilts for our end of year kids that my BFF  and I do every year. I'll post pictures of those hopefully tomorrow. They turned out so nice. Can't wait to give them to the kids and see their faces. So have a great week and weekend. We're headed out of town for camping this weekend at Yosemite. Can't wait. 

1 comment:

Allison said...

So good to hear from you again! Cant wait to see your quilts. Enjoy your camping. It is freezing cold here and I am struggling just to get out of bed. Cant i bribe you to post me some of that Summer? LOL!