Saturday, August 31, 2013

Just a quick catch up

Just a quick post for friends who check here to see how things are going.
Surgery went really well, recovery has been slow and hard. Lots of things to get used to. Healing wise I've done great. Almost all my incision is healed and very nicely I might add. Getting used to eating, eating, eating has not been easy. I can only eat a small amount at a time, so within an hour I'm hungry again. I've never been much of a snacker or grazer so learning this new kind of eating is hard. Also lots of water consumption. Which I didn't do a lot of before surgery either but neither did I drink a lot of anything. Usually just with meals. So much to re-learn.
Tina came home from the Navy on leave right before my surgery and stayed until just after surgery before returning to her new post in Jacksonville, FL. She's doing great and we're really proud of her. She's my go-getter that's for sure.
Seth came home also during that same week and was so good to have both of them home to love on and spoil. He's working and living in Sacramento, 5 hours north of here. He loves his job at Costco and has done really well there. We're proud of him also. Seems so funny how grown up they are now when for so long it seems like all you've done is take care of them. Circle of life I suppose. 
I'll hope to post pictures soon. 

No comments: