Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kitchen Dreaming

So I dream of having a kitchen like this....
traditional kitchen design
or one like this....
traditional kitchen design by chicago general contractor Stonebreaker Builders & Remodelers
but the reality is this....

Yes a shoe box. My kitchen is only 9x12 and that's being very generous. I'm sure there are smaller kitchens out there, in fact I know there are, but I dream of larger and larger. Sigh .......
I have been working on this small kitchen lately. It's not going as nearly as fast as I would like it to. Sometimes I think a wand or nose wrinkle would be the best. I try to comfort myself with it's the journey that counts. It's not working though. I just want it done. But the carpenter did take down this ...
To replace it with something better.
But what we've really been working on this week while hubby is off is this ...
Of course these were taken at the height of the rainy season we had. There are real plants out there hidden among all those weeds. After 4 years of begging we're finally getting it leveled. Hallelujah!!! I can't shout it enough. Friday is the day. I'll leave on a positive note, most of the flower beds are cleared and looking good.
{{HUGS}} Amanda

No comments: