Sunday, June 27, 2010

Way too much to do or never enough time

My oldest took me to see Toy Story 3 the other day. I'm a huge Pixar fan. So there I was crying over the leaving for college, cleaning out the bedroom scene. Probably because I will be or am facing the same thing with my youngest in just a few short weeks. She's already begun the clean out my room process all on her own. You remember that room don't you? If not you can check it out here. This room will become my new guest/sewing/scrapbooking room. I can and can't wait. A place to call my own again. It's been  3 long years since I said goodbye to my own space to call my very own. So now I'm thinking what do I want to do with this space? How do I want it to function for me?
I wish it still looked like this, clean I mean.
It looks more like this now again.
Of course she is going through things and figuring out what stays and what goes and what gets tossed. The bunk beds are gone already. She outgrew them a year or so ago. Now two young brothers are enjoying them. I get leftover furniture. The twin bed. So what to do, what to do? What would you do with this space? It's small. 8x11 and that's stretching it.
I've thought about having the oldest, the carpenter make me a desk like his own. Not the best shot, but you get the idea. It's attached to the wall, long and skinny with two legs to support the front. He built the desk and stained the shelves. He's pretty handy that way. Well it's time to go for our Sunday evening ritual of waffles, strawberries and swimming at our friends house. Bye!



Photobucket

No comments: