Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I was reading Fresh Home recently and really liked what they had to say about New Year's resolutions. Though not really my style of decorating I really like a lot of the projects and tips they offer. We also get their Family Handyman magazine. Seth just loves that one. 
Anyways here's what they had to say in their winter issue, pg 15:
"Too many New Year's resolutions are about stopping or losing something. Instead, resolve to gain something, like a new skill. Take a tiling class or decorative paint workshop at a local home improvement store and get ready for your next big project." 
So what do you resolve to gain this year? How about taking a quilting or sewing class? Crocheting? Baking or cooking? 
Hope that your New Year is happy and bright.  

3 comments:

cottonreel said...

I almost drool when I look at yor blog, I hope you realise your dreams for 2010, -cottonreel

morninglorycottage said...

Thank you Cotton Reel. I feel so inadequate decorating when I look at all the beautiful blogs featured out there. There are so many talented people it's unreal. Happy New Year to you.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I think that's sound advice. I always try to add a new skill or two every year. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't (like when I tried to teach myself knitting) LOL! For some reason, it's just not for me at this time. I tried crochet last year and that I liked and was able to do.

Manuela