Monday, January 18, 2010

Road to California 2010

Of course this past weekend was Road to California - great girlfriend escape weekend. We had a blast. No husbands, no kids and lots of vendors and quilts. So Saturday very early like 6:15 a.m. my best friend Kelly pulls into my driveway to pick me up. We stop to pick up our other best friend to complete our group. Off we go to Ontario on our annual get away weekend.

Janie on left
Kelly on right
After a really long day at the quilt show










I surprised both of them with this cute little goodie for our trip. I made each of us one out of the same Robert Kaufman fabric using the free Lazy Girl design Sew Sweet Satchel. You can get it here.


































The quilts were amazing and there's no way I'll be able to post all the awesomeness that was at this show. The talent is just amazing. The majority of these quilts are works of art not something you put on your bed. They are stunning and incredible. I'll just post a few of the ones that wowed me. The first picture is actually part of the Hoffman challenge. It was a quilted jacket and was just incredible. The Lord of the Rings quilt was stunning and my personal favorite being a Tolkien  fan. I will post later this week what got done at home while I was gone. I'm just thrilled. Thanks for stopping by. {{HUGS}} Amanda      P.S. as you can tell I'm still figuring out this new blogger editor. :(


















No comments: