Sunday, March 15, 2009

Signs of Spring

Spring is definitely on its way here where we live. The weather has been gorgeous and the trees and flowers are just blooming. My allergies are a testimony to that!
This is actually our neighbors house. They have such lovely trees. They just finished putting up the new fence. We don't have any pretty flowering trees in our yard. So I just admire everyone elses.
I do have a very old French lilac. My hubby's great-grandmother planted this at the ranch many, many years ago. I understand it was originally on the first homestead site according to my father-in-law. When we moved from the ranch I brought it with me. I'll prune it this year after its done blooming. This was its first year in the ground since we moved almost 9 years ago. So next year the blooms should be spectacular.
This is a friend's tree and the blossoms were just lovely. I couldn't resist taking a picture. The petals from the blossoms where just falling everywhere like snow the day I took this.
Rhoda is having a Spring fluffing party. So go over to her blog and check out the particulars. Can't wait to see everyone's little bit of spring fluff! Have an amazing week.

Later this week a recipe. So be sure to check back.

No comments: