Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Buffet Questions

So I need another project like cows need wings. But my buffet has been bothering me for sometime. I know it's from the 30's simply from its design. Very art deco. The price was right so I've lived with it. I do like having the drawers in the middle and the two side storage shelves. The top is solid oak but the rest of it is mostly veneered wood. I've really been liking the wood top and the painted white bottom lately. Like this buffet at Frosted Gardner or this table at Feathering My Nest. So I'm wondering if this will look good on this buffet. Please be honest and tell me what you think. I think that I would even paint the sides around the mirror. So here are the pics of the piece in question.



As you can see it has a bit of damage in places. The veneer is missing in a few non-crucial places on the inside. Well tell me what you think. I am trying to put together a tutorial this week. My first ever. So be sure to check back later this week.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I think it would look wonderful with the wood top and the bottom white. Please share when you are finished. ♥♫

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful piece of furniture, Amanda! It has beautiful details and lines. I think it will look wonderful painted white!
Have a happy Thanksgiving holiday!!
Hugs ~ Jo :)