Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tour of the living room and dining room

Thought I would give you a tour of the living room and dining room. They are open to each other. The house was clean for company so I thought I would take a few pictures. :-) These rooms are in need of a redo or a first do or something, but Seth says his room comes next. I guess the boy deserves it after helping with his sister's room.

This pretty little pine dresser was a yard sale find many years ago. I just love it. It stores office stuff, etc right now and acts as sofa table. The couches create a little sitting area. I'm ready to move it around , but the rest of the family just groans when I mention it. I like to move things around, but they don't. Hiding behind the pillows is Cocoa. I think she's trying to get out of having to do anything.

Recognize the rocker? It's the one in Tina's room redo, minus it's new look. The little desk is also there. It has a new look too.

The pine hutch sits behind the front door. It holds the creamware collection. I love dishes. Especially old ones with roses or white ones. I've been collecting creamware for quite awhile now. I can't decide what to do with this area behind the door though. I think a built in hutch/bookcase would look really good. Any ideas?
Our dining room french doors face west. So this probably isn't the best of pictures. The little corner hutches where already in the house when we purchased it. The one on the left was actually in the front bedroom. But I knew that it had once been in here. So when a computer game fell behind the corner hutch while it was in the front bedroom, it was a good excuse to remove it to its original position. I really like having the two of them together again. The doors are missing, but I hope to have replacements made sometime soon and installed with molding around it. The wall on the left is the one we hope to open up this fall. The kitchen is on the other side. A couple of posts back I photographed the shelf and all its pretties.

Just a few things on the corner shelf to the right. This side has mirrors. I really don't like the look. I removed them on the bottom shelf to see if I would like them better off. I like them off, others have said they like the look of the mirrors. I think if they didn't have seams I wouldn't mind the mirrors. What I can't decide is if I want to paint the corner hutches green like the kitchen cabinets and paint the walls buff colored like the living room will be eventually or just what. Suggestions?

The bottom shelf minus the mirrors. I like bunnies in moderation. I don't have a serious collection of them going. I'm really careful to mention what I collect. Before you know it I would have a plethora of whatever I'm collecting. I tend to be pretty picky about my pieces. But I do love roses. When I removed the mirrors there was green paint behind them. Serendipity? This corner hutch is already installed and has its doors.

This is the left side. You can't really see it, but the next shelf down holds my great grandmother's blue willow ware pitcher and cups. The pitcher was broken in one of our many moves and just about broke my heart.

Well that's all for today. Hope you liked the tour. I keep plugging away on this little cottage of ours. Someday it'll be perfect or near there, sigh...... always a work in progress. I guess that's the fun of it, right?

No comments: