Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Main bath mini re-do

So most of you remember this as being the way the main bath looks and you can read about it's ugly beginning here.
and you might also remember this fab shower curtain that I sewed. Reveal will be in future guest house post.
I had it laid out like this to determine where I wanted each block to go.
Many of you know that my father-in-law lives with us. We moved him from the guest house to the main house when the kids moved out. He's been needing some closer attention lately. I just knew my pretties would not last in this room. A wet rag thrown over this shower curtain would cause me to see red. So I concocted a plan. Remember these?
Yep I moved them to here.
Funny all the coastal/beachy stuff from the two rooms in the guest house fit into this one room. Curious...
The curtain I got at Target during their blue and white sale a couple months ago. No need to worry about a wet rag with this curtain. The only new things I bought were the curtain and new towels. Ours were getting kind of old and raggedity looking. Fortunately the blue in the guest house bathroom and the blue in this room are very similar. Strangely I don't feel quite done in this room yet. But I will eventually.
What moved to the guest house, now that's for another post. Guess you'll have to come back.
Have a great week.
Mucho hugs to all,
Amanda

3 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I will come back! I just love your bathroom...it is so pretty. The seashells remind me of my mother. She collected them. When my Dad was in the Army we were stationed in Panama for 3 years and we went to the islands all the time...she would get up very early in the morning and collect seashells. My sister now has the entire collection in boxes and I keep begging her to send me some...she says they are too hard to get to so I may have to drive to Texas to collect them...I think she holds them ransom so that I will come for a visit...lol. Isn't that something a sister would do? lol Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

It's good that he'll have stuff in the big house that he's used to, and it's great that you were able to do all this with what you had. I really like the blue wall color and the seashell theme. Maybe you think it's not done because you didn't buy too many new things. I always seem to feel that way when I reuse old things, even though I technically know the room looks good. It looks good to me even if you don't add anything else to it.

Gloria said...

Everything looks so pretty! And may I say that I think it is so wonderful of you to have your father-in-law living with you and watching out for him. Good for you and your husband.
Best,
Gloria