Monday, February 8, 2010

Tea Party 2010

These past two weeks I've been super busy getting ready for the birthday tea party that I threw for my dear friend Kelly. We had 17 lovely ladies here at the house for a tea luncheon. It was so much fun. Also got me in gear to complete a few projects that really needed it. Like the sitting room curtains. I've included a lot of pictures so enjoy.
My friend Kelly and I.













I served broccoli cheese soup, turkey and cranberry croissant sandwiches and a spinach salad for lunch. On the stackables were mini cheesecakes, baby cakes, jam thumb prints (that just kept spreading in the oven and got incredibly huge so really I think they were stained glass windows. :-) and chocolate dipped strawberries. The only thing I didn't make was the baby cakes. I'm not a cake decorator. Maybe some day.
 

We had so many that I couldn't fit them all in at the two large tables, so we had an overflow table.
 

Of course I had to take pictures of the arrangements around the house. I have been busy getting all my winter decorations put away and putting out my pretty pink and green stuff. So much fun.
          

The sitting room curtains. I don't think I'm quite done with them. I think I want to add a small valance type thing in a coordinating fabric with some fabulous trim. What do you think?

This cute pillow was my Christmas gift from Kelly. I just love it. So appropriate for our little cottage.

At each place setting I made these cute little bags and put everyone's name on them to mark their spot. I got that idea here. I used my 4 snack sets. 2 of my sets belonged to my husband's grandmother and 2 sets were gifted to me by my dear friend Janie. The one in this picture belonged to grandma.

I also made the invitations and sent them out over two weeks ago. It was a combination of ideas. I got the envelope pattern here ( there are tons of templates on this site. I used the library card book pocket template) and the cupcake pattern was a coloring picture found on the internet as well as the tags they were a pattern found on the internet. Just search cupcakes and tags and you will get a bunch of hits.
So hope you enjoyed the pictures. Come again. ;-) Be sure to check back soon, I'll be posting the recipes for some of these goodies. Also thought I would join in with the Make Your Monday linky party over at Twice Remembered. Check out all the inspiration out there in blogland.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Looks like a fun tea party...how fun to have friends to share time with doing something so fun together. Love the little glass cups and serving trays...I have a set in milk glass...should bring them out and use them.
Come and say hi!

Allison said...

Wow! Your house looks fabulous and i can see that it was a great party. I love the cushion that says its better to have a full cottage then an empty castle! How true.....

Victoria said...

That pillow with the cottage saying on it is soooo cute! Your home is lovely and your tea party goodies look delicious:)