Not the best of pictures but you get the idea. I served the soup in the snack cups. It was cute. Here's the recipe for this delicious soup. I got the recipe from LeAnn who no longer has a blog. :-( Enjoy. I usually double this recipe for the 5 of us.
Broccoli Cheese Soup
1 package chopped broccoli
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup butter
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 1/2 cups milk
1/4 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Cook the package of broccoli in the microwave or on the stove top.
- In large pan melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and milk. Stir with whisk until soup becomes thick. Takes awhile.
- Add the cheese and allow to melt.
- Add cooked broccoli, salt and pepper.
- Serve with muffins or biscuits.