Thursday, February 18, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Soup


















Not the best of pictures but you get the idea. I served the soup in the snack cups. It was cute. Here's the recipe for this delicious soup. I got the recipe from LeAnn who no longer has a blog. :-( Enjoy. I usually double this recipe for the 5 of us.

Broccoli Cheese Soup
1 package chopped broccoli
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup butter
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 1/2 cups milk
1/4 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
  • Cook the package of broccoli in the microwave or on the stove top.
  • In large pan melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Allow to cook for 1 minute. 
  • Add the chicken broth and milk. Stir with whisk until soup becomes thick. Takes awhile. 
  • Add the cheese and allow to melt.
  • Add cooked broccoli, salt and pepper.
  • Serve with muffins or biscuits. 
Well I'm off to get some laundry done and maybe some sewing. Well at least I hope to unbury the sewing machine and blow off the dust. Dust is a huge problem here and trust me I didn't know what dust was until I moved here. Cleaned off my dresser in my bedroom the other day and it took a whole swiffer. If you have allergens to dust don't move here. :o)

No comments: