Thursday, January 15, 2009

What Seth has been up to

Yes! I finally found my camera software. It's always in the last place you look. ;-)
Seth is my project guy and buddy. The years have sure flown by and I can't believe what a fine young man he has become. He decided it was finally time to redo the amour. I have had this family piece for sometime and just love it. It's been through a lot and if it could talk I would probably spend hours listening to it. It's very old. Before the die-hard you should never paint real wood enthusiasts croak I would like to plead innocent in my self defense and Seth's. He really didn't want to paint this beauty. The original molding had been lost though. Where do you find 100+ year old molding and make sure it fits. I'm sure that somewhere out there is a place but not in my wanderings have I found one. So when we decided we would use new molding and paint the piece Seth finally agreed. The first picture you can see the amour in its before state. It's not the best picture I know. Then Seth and the work in progress. Then a final picture of it in it's new home with new paint job, molding, knobs and handles. Yes I moved everything around again. Hubby hates that because it means he has moving to do. My pieces are old, heavy and large. Not to mention stuffed with things. I did clean it all out before moving though. Enjoy Seth's hard work.







I'm off to bed. This is Road to California Weekend!! Yippee!!!! Off to have fun with the ladies at a quilt show. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Wow! He did a fantastic job! It looks really wonderful!

Have a good week!

Manuela

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

What a sweet blog you have here! Enjoyed my visit! Hugs, Maryjane