Saturday, January 10, 2009

A rose by any other name ..... and still pictureless

I suppose some of you might be wondering why Morning Glory Cottage has roses as its banner. I love roses, don't get me wrong. When we went looking for a new name almost 2 years ago I noticed a lot of rose cottage names. There is nothing wrong with that, but I wanted something that was different. My son and I both love to grow morning glories every year. 2 summers ago we had the best crop ever. My father-in-law, being an ex-farmer, hates bind weed as it's common name is known. I looked for morning glories as headers all over! Nothing! It's not as popular as roses I guess. I need to get my picture back up Cd's out and begin the hunt for pictures.
I'm still looking for the camera software. I really don't like posting without pictures. I mean it is why I read, I mean part of the reason I read everyone's blogs. I love visuals. I hate when I can't find something I'm looking for. So enough whining.
I'm feeling lots better and even thinking about what projects I want to get done. I found the nicest fabric at Hancock's right after Christmas and before I got sick. I want to get new dining room curtains made with it. I went out today to see my friend and her shop to get some pictures for her. Found a few little treasures while I was there. It's hard to not bring home the whole shop sometimes.
Hope everyone is doing well. Eventually I'll be back with pictures. I know that software is somewhere!

2 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Hi Amanda,

Sorry you had the flu! I have something right now (at least it's not the flu).

Happy New Year!

Manuela

Lauriemama said...

HI: Just noticed your blog....my Father called me Morning Glory from the time I was a baby to the day he died in 1995....we never had any morning glories, but for some reason, he associated this flower with me...I found a painting that hangs in my house called Morning Glory Cottage...shockingly it has in it all that is me: cats, morning glories, roses, baking, cute cottage, dolls....so me !! Anyway, thanks for that memory today. LAURIE