Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Deluxe Strawberry Shortcake Recipe















Okay, I promised a recipe and here it is. This was wonderful. We still have strawberries here where we live at decent prices even though it's fall. The coast has them pretty much all year long. This was really quick and easy.
Deluxe Strawberry Shortcake
1 package yellow cake mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Filling:
1 package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
8 ounce carton of whipped topping
3 cups chopped fresh strawberries
In a large mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Place one cake on a serving plate; top with half of the cream cheese mixture and strawberries. Repeat layers. Store in refrigerator. 12 servings.
I deviated a little bit. I didn't put the cool whip and cream cheese together. I layered the cream cheese and sugar, then the cool whip topped with strawberries. But it did occur to me that you could do the filling layer and leave the strawberries off to pour over the top once served. Anyway you serve it, it was good. Enjoy!
Also for some great recipes try Joni's site.

2 comments:

Apron of the Month Club said...

Hi Amanda, just dropping by to say hello. Your children's senior pictures are nice. My son Vinny is in 11th grade. My daughter Gigi is in 9th. I'm not able to homeschool them because I'm a single mom, but I wish I could.

You are a blessed woman!
Yoli

joyh82 said...

Wow that looks wonderful!