Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Anniversary

20 years ago today I married the love of my life, Neil. It hasn't always been a bed of roses, but I can't wait to do another 20 years. We had a very simple wedding in my aunt's backyard. His brother was his attendant and my best friend from high school was mine. I don't think we even spent $500 on this wedding, but I'd do it the same way all over again.
Not the best shot, but hey pre digital photos here.
Open up!
Unwrapping the gifts
We share Neil's Uncle Ken and Aunt Lee's wedding date. They were celebrating their 32nd anniversary the day we got married. Uncle Ken is now gone or they would be celebrating their 52nd wedding anniversary today.
L to R: my mom, Sheryll, Neil, Amanda, Neil's mom, Roma and Neil's dad, Dick.
One of my favorite photos. Don't know why. I think its because of the way he's looking at me.
Best of wishes and advice from my mom, who is also gone now.
I did complete our wedding album last year. I should say that I redid our wedding album. Putting it into photo safe paper, etc. It was really sad in some ways looking back over the photos and realizing how many of our loved ones are now gone who were present that day. We still love and miss them.
Hope you enjoyed a trip down memory lane with me.
To my sweet Hubby, here's to another 20 years. Love you!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both look so happy and to be married on the same day as a couple who stuck through the good and bad, it has to be good karma! Love the old photos.

Allison said...

Happy anniversary! Our anniversary is next week on the 13th.... July is a good time to marry! Of course ours was a winter wedding and yours a glorious summer one!

Twenty years! That is an achievement. I hope you have a great day.

PS: I see you are a librarian.... I am a great reader... what is next to your bed right now?
Al.