Saturday, May 12, 2007

Inspiration Saturday

Okay, seems like everyone is doing the really neat "Inspiration Friday". But Friday is my least available day. Even if I do have an available day. But it's great to see what everyone is inspired by. Funny thing is I have a lot of the same magazine pages tore out and saved in my binder also. Great minds think alike!
I finally got it!!! The digital camera that is. The hubby and kiddos gave it to me early as they've gone out of town until Sunday evening. Someone has to stay with Grandma and man the washer. They're enjoying a much needed Christian retreat not far from home. They'll be home Sunday to take all the moms (Neil's mom, my mom and me) out to Black Angus for dinner. Yippee!!
Well I guess I've got to share some of my first photos from my new camera. Hope you enjoy.

This is our patio and backyard. No, you may not see the rest of the backyard as it's really bad. The construction crew just ruined it last year during the remodel. I'm still digging dumped cement out of the flower beds and wondering when I'll get the lawn leveled. It was beautiful at one time. I'll share older photos on another day.
This is the front of the house. Much improved since the remodel,
but still needing work, like more flowers.
I did manage to save a few things before the construction crew went landscape destruction happy. The lavendar (the tall shrub) is an antique that my husband's great grandmother planted at the ranch. When we moved I dug it up and brought it with me. I'm glad I did. The new owner of the ranch ripped out most of the old shrubs and trees.
This is another angle of the front yard. The bench is one that my
son built in woodshop. The woodshop team usually builds something like this that is raffled off at the end of the school year. The proceeds purchase new tools and wood for the next school year. I was so thrilled to win 2 years ago. I really miss my iceburg roses (which were to the right of the bench a year ago). Maybe next year I'll get to plant some more.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: