Saturday, October 4, 2008

Just another Manic Morning ... Not!!

Our progressive dinner was great!! A good time was had by all and the food was terrific at every house, if I do say so myself.
We started the evening at the Singleton's lovely home with a huge variety of appetizers. YumOO!!
A wonderful course of green salad, fruit salad, and terrific garlic sourdough bread was had by all at the Harlanders house.

Of course I was too busy at my own home to get decent pictures. But we had a great menu of pulled beef, new potatoes and chili. Of course I didn't get any pictures of the dessert house, nor of the play Twelfth Night. It was a great evening though. One I'd do again soon.
This is how Saturday morning started. A great cup of cocoa and a great read, Romantic Country of course. It's nice and quiet here. Much needed after yesterday's terribly busy day getting ready for the progressive dinner. I think we swept enough dirt off the patio/driveway to form our own small country. We don't use the patio much during the summer because it faces west and where we live that means it's really hot!!
This is the picture of my morning here. Finally!!! Thank you Lord it's cool!!! Yes, a first cloudy, fall day. What shall I do today?? You'll have to wait to see. Have a glorious weekend!!

1 comment:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I've always wanted to try the progressive dinner thing - sounds like lots of fun!

I'm so glad it's finally cool here (at least in the am) by afternoon we're hot but at least not as hot as during the summer! Yay fall!

Manuela