Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pirates of Parody

I want to take a moment and tell you all about the last production the drama club did. Seth and Tina have really enjoyed their time with the drama club and it's a great group of kids. Andrew, one of the members, wrote the play and even starred in it as the lead character. Seth played Will Turnover and Tina had three parts to keep up with. It certainly keeps them busy, but they have a lot of fun with it. The play was a parody of the Pirates of the Caribbean. It was so funny. You really should have seen it. For amatuer actors/actresses they do a wonderful job.
Seth and Andrew (aka Jack Chickadee) battle it out with bread sticks.
Swearing to help each other.
Tina as a pirate (biggest part)
Tina as a village baker (smallest part and no speaking piece here)
Tina as Rosie
This is why I haven't had time to blog. The closer production date gets, the busier it gets. Combine that with end of school year and you have pandemonium. Did I forget to mention that I also cooked the staff end of year breakfast and did my mother-in-law's retirement party the next day? So you could say that May was extremely busy. The last two weeks all I've done is work in the yard and try to decompress. It's been wonderful and I couldn't have asked for better weather. I hope to get other projects done this summer also. Like my shabby chic shower curtain and finally fixing up the guest house. Also hope to blog regularly. I'm off to get caught up in blogland. Tomorrow we're going to the beach for the day. These are pictures from last year, but we'll be at the same place. Have a great day!

No comments: